What do you do with a baby in a cab?

This might be a really stupid question, but can you just not take a cab with a baby? Doesn't the baby need a carseat? What do you do if you're travelling with a baby and have no option but to take a cab?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when you call for a cab.. mention your situation. most cab companies have carseats available if you ask ahead of time.
    idebusashes

Answer by idebusashes at 12:38 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• we had to take one in disney world, I was all worried about it
    the cab pulled up and the guy didn't even bat an eye. I was really worried about it but we really had no other choice at that point
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:42 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I guess it would depend on how old the baby is. If the baby is an infant in a carrier, you can strap them in using the seatbelt strap holes they have. If the baby is older and in a convertable carseat, I'm pretty sure most companies have carseats available upon request.
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 12:55 AM on Jul. 31, 2009