For those educated in superstitions....

We had a wishbone from a chicken that we dried out, to make a wish on...a silly little thing we do for fun.... Well me and my husband wished for the same thing, and instead of one of us getting the "bigger half" (knuckle), the knuckle popped right off and my Dh and I got both ends and the knuckle fell to the floor...Any idea what that's supposed to mean?

mumma28

Asked by mumma28 at 12:43 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It means you both wanted that wish really bad! lol. I would like to think it means both your wishes will come true!
    brandee76

Answer by brandee76 at 1:43 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• google it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Not sure....google that shit. lol
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 1:05 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Huh... I have no idea. I only know that if you get the bigger half your wish will come true.
    angelofice

Answer by angelofice at 1:08 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• If you are supposed to get the knucke to get your wish and the knuckle fell to the floor then maybe that mean you won't get your wish. Remember you are not supposed to tell anyone your wish so if you know what DH wished for then that breaks the wish.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 1:20 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Companys coming lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:15 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• LMAo
    Thanks for trying I'll try googling
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Once the merrythought is dry, it is given to two people (usually children), who pull it apart until it cracks and breaks, each one making a wish while doing so. The person who gets the "long half" of the wishbone will have his or her wish "come true." If the wishbone breaks evenly, both parties get their wishes. In some families it is said that the wish will only come true if it is not revelaed to anyone. (The belief that a wish must be kept secret to ensure its fulfillment also occurs in "first star" and birthday candle wishing rituals).

Ok this is what I found when I googled... Me and mY husband wished the same thing, and we both get our wish....YAY!!!!!!! Thanks again
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:48 PM on Jul. 31, 2009