Is it at all weird

that I call my boyfrind, boyfriend? Instead of fiance? I think thats a cheesy thing to call someone. Everyone tells me, hes not your bf anymore, hes your fiance. I say, Yeah whatever..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• fiance is just another level of boyfriend. a higher title. that's probably why they say that haha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• but its not weird, is it? or is it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• very WEIRD!
    Anonymous

• I hate the term fiance. It seems like your throwing it in people's face that your getting married. If people know you, they know your getting married and the term boyfriend is just fine.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:58 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I agree!
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 12:59 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I'm engaged and usually just say whatever pops out of my mouth at the time. I say this is my boyfriend sometimes and this is my fiance other times. With certain people though I will make sure I say fiance because I want them to know that we are more serious than just dating.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Im engaged and I still say boyfriend. I hate the word fiance too! Everytime it comes out of my mouth I feel like it sounds stupid. If they are that curious they can look at my left hand
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 1:52 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• if people know you are getting married they expect you to say fiance not the other way arund like sarap1989 said. i mean they are telling you to say fiance right. i think it clearly states what he is now to you, i mean yeah he is still your bf but not just a bf. i see nothing wrong in having used it and i can't understand why you or the other ladies would feel otherwise. in fact i'm voting that it's weird not to say it. i never really liked saying my bf. like i'm a teenager or something. i would use my signficant other. that to be is vague and they understand that i consider him my special someone.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:10 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I was so glad when I got engaged to not have to say "boyfriend" anymore since my fiance is 54 years old - hardly a BOY! And soon I'll just be able to call him husband - which will be best.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 31, 2009