Would you get back with a man you broke up with before?

And how many times would you break up with him and get back together before deciding that it's probably not going to work out?

adulation

Asked by adulation at 12:53 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• I broke up with a guy and got back together only once. We're married now. I'd say maybe after two or three times. By then, it's got to be obvious something isn't working.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:57 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I've actually done that before with my ex fiance...I kept breaking up with him then getting back together with him then once I found out he cheated on me numerous times thats when I called it quits. Now I am happily married to a wonderful man and I couldn't be happier
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 12:57 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• My boyfriend in high school and I broke up like every other day. Finally we broke up for good the middle of our sophomore year and didn't talk to eachother the rest of high school. Our sophomore year in college we ran into eachother when our schools were playing eachother at a football game. We got back together, are engaged, and have a baby boy due in 10 days! :) So I guess yes I would get back with someone I broke up with! Haha
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:59 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I guess it would depend of why we broke up the first time. I'm in a relationship where we were together and he decided to go back with his ex. We're working thru everything and buliding that trust back up again. If it happens again, we're thru for good. Sara don't play that game.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:05 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• after looking back i wish i had never gotten back with any of the men i dated that i broke up with. i mean why in the end i'm not with them and i wasted my time with them. i'm married now but if i wasn't io wouldn't go back again. in fact the last few guys who had broken things off with i didn't. i felt so good about myself.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:59 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• My husband and I dated and broke up for about 2 years. He was engaged to someone else, knew it was the wrong thing to do, broke up with her, and we have now been married 44 1/2 years. We were very young, and for us, it took that time of being apart to learn what was really right for us. Every case is different, and there are no set rules. The important thing is that you know for sure that he is the man for you before you marry him. One other piece of advice I have for you is if you want to know for sure if he is the right man for you, don't have sex with him until you are married. Becoming physical blinds you to important character traits that are basic to a long-term marriage. If he is the right man, he will be willing to wait. It's one of the best tests I know for eliminating a lot of men very quickly. If all he wants is sex, he can get that anywhere. If he is looking for a wife, he could be the one for you.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:49 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• thanks for the input!

adulation

Answer by adulation at 12:32 PM on Aug. 1, 2009