Where is a good place to start a biblical study on parenting?

My #1 goal is to raise a child that will follow Christ. As a new Christian I am interested in doing a bible study on parenting so that I am better prepared for our little boy.

EricaPotter

Asked by EricaPotter at 1:02 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• Your best bet is to talk with your Pastor and see what they recommend. Are you trying to find a Bible study? Or are you looking to study things on your own? Your Pastor may be able to direct you to a group study or may let you use the church to host your own!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 1:19 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I loved a study called "motherhood" by nancy campbell. You can find it and other amazing resources about parenting at aboverubies.org. I have 3 children, and 1 on the way. I did this bible study a year ago and it has changed my life as a mother. I recomend it to all new mommys, and many of her other studies to all women in general.
    I think it also depends on what you are looking for personally. There are many books on parenting. Some are strictly bible based, some are bible based but add alot of modern phsycology to it (I didn't like these personally, to worldly disguied with bible verses). Take a peek at christianbook.com and do a search of thier parenting section.
    puddleybug

Answer by puddleybug at 2:43 AM on Jul. 31, 2009