LOL Are these the tin cans the libs want to force on us?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2556548/Dutch-vandals-chuck-tiny-Smart-cars-in-Amsterdam-canals.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=News

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Who says anyone wants to force Smart cars on you? Your choice to buy or not. They're already for sale here. If I was single, I'd get one myself. Or a Prius.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:50 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• No way will I get one of those. A lady was killed in one not to long ago here in town. The accident was on a regular neighborhood street! She got t-boned by a car that ran a stop sign. The other car was doing about 35 in a 25 mph zone. They had a pic of the car in the paper. It was almost totally destroyed and the lady died at the scene.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:03 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Because it is smart to get a "smart" car yourspecial lol...Yes I am a first responder and I cringe at the thought of too many of these running the roads around here.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:07 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• The Dem.s aren't forcing anything, just a better option, just keep driving your HumVee getting 8Mpg. Ill buy a Smart car in a min. They sell them all over Florida now./.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• 2:11 I drive a van and it's not bad at all I get about 24 mpg.8 mpg LOL hell girl even the muscle cars hubby and I used to race weren't THAT bad.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:15 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• My hub rides a motor cycle for the most part back and forth to work which is fine...but my kids will be safer.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:17 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• "The accident was on a regular neighborhood street!"

Most fatal accidents ARE on regular neighborhood streets, and the speeds are often not very fast as compared to freeway speeds. A t-bone often is deadly no matter what you're driving. (I've covered a LOT of car wrecks over 20 years.)

Answer by gdiamante at 4:15 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• "A lady was killed in one not to long ago here in town"

Yeah, cause nobody's EVER been killed in a big car...
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 6:16 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• LOL...I've seen at least a half dozen of them on the road here in PA! My 7 year old takes horseback riding lessons and we parked next to one (I drive a Nissan Murano), he got out and said (and I quote): "Mommy, look at the tiny Fisher Price car!" I thought it was hysterical--especially since he has difficulty with conversational/appropriate speech, and this was unprompted and a perfect analogy! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:41 AM on Jul. 31, 2009