Mineral makeup

Anyone have any experience with this type of makeup? There are several on the market.

What kind have you used/use? Does it work like it says? Would you recommend it?

palexander

Asked by palexander at 1:43 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• My experience is that it would probably work great on a younger woman or girl. As I have gotten older, I find that I need (Or rather prefer) a little heavier coverage. The mineral makeup looked really great when I first applied it, but disappeared soon thereafter. I had the best luck with MAC. I only use their products. I use the primer, foundation, both powders (one for setting my makeup) and one for touching up later on during the day. I also highly recommend their eyeliners. Excellent choice of colors. ----- Hope that helps.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:47 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I bought some Maybelline Mineral make-up day before yesterday and I LOVE it. It makes my face look smooth. I have naturally oily skin and it doesn't get horrible like regular make up does. Make-Up usually makes my face feel gross after about 2 hours but not the mineral make up. I'd recommend it!
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 1:53 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I am really wanting a makeup that will give me a natural look. I have this really bad patch of dry skin across my nose and cheeks. So far every make-up I have tried looks good for maybe 30 minutes then it settles in the dry skin.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 2:10 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• it is very light and you cant even tell you have it on.even finish very smooth. i would recommend it. great coverage and gives you even tone.
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 2:39 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I tried the Loreal mineral makeup and just love it for summertime. In the winter I wear something a bit heavier like the new foundation with Oil of Olay on it that sponges on. And I like Clinique too.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:43 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Since you have dry skin you need to be very careful with mineral makeup as it can make it worse. Find a brand that's bismuth free. From reading around that seems to be what causes it.

I've tried L'Oreal, Bare Minerals, Maybelline, Estee Lauder, and Artistry mineral makeups. My favorite(by miles) is the Estee Lauder. Every time I wear it my husband has to look three or four times before he's sure I have it on. The container doesn't have the full ingredient list, so I don't know it it's got bismuth or not, though.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:40 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I bought three samples from an Etsy seller, Pink Quartz Minerals, and the one that matched my skin tone, I liked a lot. I just haven't gotten around the buying the full size yet. I normally just put foundation on a couple areas and then use powder everywhere else, so I don't like a lot of heavy make-up and found this stuff to be perfect.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:08 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I use bare mineral make-up...I LOVE IT...you dont get those make-up lines and everthing is even and smooth..I use to use Clinique...but now I'm totally hooked on the bare mineral make-up...but as far as eyeshadows and mascara goes i use MAC...best by far. Hope this helps
    AmoresMommy

Answer by AmoresMommy at 1:10 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I totally agree with Amoresmommy! MAc is the best for eyes but you can't beat bare minerals. Also you can order it cheaper on QVC.com
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 5:53 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I've been using L'Oreal's mineral makeup for years and swear by it. It is easy to apply, has great coverage, has an SPF of 19 and is inexpensive. I sometimes buy 2-3 colors at a time and mix my own custom color.  I'm going to try Estee Lauder's, though (as per Desert Diva).  Sounds like another good one!

DesignGirl5

Answer by DesignGirl5 at 6:22 PM on Jul. 31, 2009