Carseat suggestion

My in laws want to buy a carseat that they can keep in their car for when they have our son, something in the $80-100 range. Something that can be both rear and forward facing (our son is 11 months old, and we're keeping him rear facing as long as possible). Anyone have one in that price range with good safety ratings and that works well for you? Thanks!

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 1:51 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• And the Cosco Scenera is a good seat as well. Its highly recommended because it has a high rear facing limit for such a low price. Not the fanciest seat, but definately a good spare seat.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 9:07 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• do u have a babies r us or a toys r us with a baby area in it near you?
    its got the biggest selection u should try it out
    faithfulmomof1

Answer by faithfulmomof1 at 1:56 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Yes we do, but we just wanted to get people's suggestions first. We've also found that online, you can get WAY better deals. We got our Recaro carseat for about $170 (regularly $300).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:22 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Try to find an Evenflo Triumph Advance. You might could find it online in that price range. I bought mine for $140 instore at walmart. Its a really good seat. It rear faces to 35lbs and harnesses forward facing to 50lbs...
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 9:06 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• They need to take their vehicle to the store and try to install a convertible correctly. The safest one, no matter what the stupid crash ratings say, is the one that fits correctly in the vehicle. It can have the highest crash ratings, but if it doesn't fit right, it's crap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Target, walmart, and babies r us all have good deals online and some you can get free shipping or % off that can cover the shipping. You might be able to find a good deal on a 3 in one as well
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I have a Graco Comfort Sport in my car, and my mom keeps a Evenflo Triumph in her car (both RF) for my 1 year old. They were both affordable, but for the price range you've listed, i'd go with a Cosco Scenera.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:45 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• cosco scenera, and i had mine installed by a FIA worker that took a 3 day class in learning how to install car seats, it can rear face to 35 lbs and then forward facing up til 40 lbs
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 2:17 AM on Aug. 4, 2009