Baby Supplies

When did you start buying baby supplies for your pregnancy? What did you buy? What did you wait to see if you got at your shower?

mommytoangel407

Asked by mommytoangel407 at 1:58 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I started shopping right away as I was so exicted but by the time the shower came around I had too much I wouldn't use.

Register for you shower and don't be afraid to put bigger items on there as sometimes ppl. like to go in together to purchase those items. And don't forget that baby won't be baby forever so register for some things bigger than newborn. (doesn't seem possible at the moment but they will SOON fit into things 3-6 month and by the time 9 months comes around you have nothing left!)
    jamiesuev22

Answer by jamiesuev22 at 2:05 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• i waited till my baby shower. and after that i bought an outfit to bring them home in. that was when i was 7 months
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Im waiting until after the baby shower...that way I know what I need and what not to get
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:11 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I waited till after the shower. The only thing i bought was the take home outfit cause that should be something you and your hubby pick out together.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 2:29 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Well I was actually EXTREMELY fortunate. I had a bunch of family just buying EVERYTHING I needed. But afterwords there were still things that I wanted...That I went out and bought on my own.

If you need help finding out what you should buy you can check out my page. I have alot of information on there...Including a checklist for all the things you will need to make sure you have for your new baby. Nursery items, clothing, baby care needs, etc.

http://everythingpregnancy101.blogspot.com/2009/07/new-baby-checklist.html

See if that helps you out at all. Most likely if you have a baby shower you'll get tooons of gifts. If you want to make sure you get what you want...I recommend you starting your registries now. You can tell family and friends where you are registered and they can make sure they get you EXACTLY what you want.

I suggest starting baby registries at:
    Target.com
    BabiesRUs.com
    and BuyBuyBaby.com

queeeeeenb

Answer by queeeeeenb at 4:14 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• when your pregnant you do go out and to get alot of baby supplies but with my first I was shock at how much stuff I got at my baby shower. So I ended up having things that never got used. But I will say on baby proofing household items I did have to go out and get myself and trust you don't want to miss out on that kind of stuff.
    davoucci23

Answer by davoucci23 at 10:17 AM on Jul. 31, 2009