Christianity is so inviting.

When you first are invites it's come as you are. When you are raised in it you are told Jesus loves you, and bleieve in him and be saved. Well I was raised christian, left the faith, married an unbeliever and now have two wonderful children. But I come back to the faith, ther are somethings I wasn't told. Some things I don't understand. One I was never told I wasn't suppsoed to have a wedding ring *jewellery is a sin idk why unless you're obssesed with it then it's a god so duh* I was never told to not date/marry a nonbeliever but it's there in the bible. Chess/checkers are agianst heaven *they are a war like game* That to be saved is to believe in Jesus, but yet I ned to do certain things and avoid certain things to go to heaven as well. I am confused, I wish I could be comfortable with going to hell once agian but I wasnt to go to heavem. It would just suck to avoid/do these things and not get to go!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You read a different bible than I do. Find a real church.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• What do you mean? find a real church?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I read the same bible as everyone else The Bible in KJV/NKJV translation. I don't like the NIV cause it adds things and tells you what to think...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• umm ok.. first I'm glad u came back... I left Christianity once and returned also.

1. A wedding ring or jewelry for that matter is not a sin.

2. The bible does say not to marry an unbeliever but at the time u married him u were not a Christian u to were an unbeliever so again ur marriage is not a sin.

3. Chess/checkers is not a sin... don't know who is telling u this but playing those games are not a sin.

4. The requirement for salvation - is believe in the Lord Jesus Christ

I used to live my life according to what ppl told me without opening my bible and reading it for myself and letting it and God by His Holy Spirit show me the truth. My suggestion is open your bible - start with the book of John. Pray and ask God to show you and He will. Don't give up on your relationship with God because of what people are saying. Hope this helps. God bless.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 2:09 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• The bible says to not make a mockery of war, this means don't play war with man even in jest doesn't it? That would include chess and checkers caue they are war on a board. Idk i'm confused. I know you say the same thing for the requirement so why should I do things it's not like they get me into heaven!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• This church has made their own doctrine and rules that are not in the bible. I would go to a bible believing church and read the bible, especially what Paul tells the church about marriage (1corinthians 7: 12-16) and living. Jesus never said you would go to Hell for doing things such as marrying an unbeliever or wearing a ring to indicate your married. Please find a church that doesn't condemn things that aren't written in the bible. They are just making up their own ideas without really reading what the bible says. You need to read the bible yourself so you know if what your being told is actually true. If the Pastor/minister is not referencing passages in the bible, then they're not doing their job.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 2:35 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I have to agree with bonn777. Checkers isn't a sin, and although it may be based on war it's more of a strategy game. It doesn't make a mockery of war.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 2:42 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Turn around and run as fast as you can.
    That is man-made and is not of the God/Jesus.
    It is so easy to fall prey to the cultic behavior of some church organization. I won't mention the one that I think you are talking about.
    God has no problem with you wearing a wedding ring.
    God has no problem with you playing a board game like checkers or a card game like gin rummy and go fish.
    Organizations make those rules.
    Should we wear our hair down to our butts, should we wear it up in a tight hallilujah bun with a big bow? Yata yata yata!
    I am a firm believer in what God's Word says; however, you are in a cult and don't wait for several years like I did. GET OUT! And become a part of the church. We the Believers are the CHURCH.
    The called out. Called out from what? Called out from the ways of the world.
    Go and tell Jesus that you accept Him and learn to praise Him for He is great and worthy to be praised!
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 2:47 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• The Bible does tell us to not marry an un-believer; but, it does not say that you will go to hell if you do.
    God gives us a manual to follow while we travel through this earthly journey. The reason we are "ADVISED" against marrying an un-believer is because we have a chance of being detoured against what God wants for us. That is His salvation.
    Being in a marriage that is unevenly yoked can cause some real big problems.
    A hosue divided will not stand.
    We are also told that an un-believing spouse can become saved through the witness of the saved one.
    Live your life without faltering and do as God advises....let the rest of the man-made LAWS and RULES fall away from you.
    Read the manual. That is why He had it written. Instruction for us to live for Him and in Him.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 2:52 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• You need to find a different person to talk to about your faith. Whoever is telling you these things is way off base.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 2:53 AM on Jul. 31, 2009