part time husband...

My husband seems to think that when he gets home he doesn't need to give me a break from our 8 month old baby. I sit at home with him all day listening to him scream cause his teeth hurt, chasing the dog from chewing on the babies chew toys, trying to watch him cause he decided he can stand anywhere while trying to cook dinner, shave my legs, scrub my butt, and who knows what else. I even asked him to help get the diaper bag ready so we could go to his mom's house today, and he asked me what i had been doing all day, and why wasn't it ready!!! Do you feel like your husband doesn't understand how hard being a mom is or is my hubby just an all time jerk?

usdragonflies

Asked by usdragonflies at 2:11 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When my boys were infants, he was the same way. Our now 4 yr old had horrible acid reflux and screamed 20 hrs a day for the first 6 months. He would come home from work and go straight upstairs to our room. Come down for dinner, and go right back up. I finally snapped! I told him in my eyes this made him little more than a sperm donor! For some reason that really got to him. They boys are now 3 and 4. Only 13 months apart. Such a handful! He is awsome...sometimes he has more patients than I do lol. Have a heart to heart with him. Remind him you are in this together. If you are going to be treated like a single parent, why not do it with the help of child support, and without his lack of interest?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:04 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• My dh doesn't get it either. We've had this fight since my dd was born. My advice is to get him to spend 1 full day with your child and see if he gets anything done. Make a list of what you would feed the baby, what chores you would do (including studying) and leave him for a day. After that, he may just have a little more respect for what you do. That's if you can get him to watch the baby for a full day.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:31 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• yes. i totally understand. is like they dont get that we work just as hard as they do. just because they work outside the home does not mean is easier cause we stay home.i recently went thru it with my hubby. i told him you take care of and watch the twins all weekend without my help for 9 hours and see how you feel so he did. and he dont say anything to me now. if anything he is more supporting. talk to him communication is the key really. good luck.
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 2:34 AM on Jul. 31, 2009