What should I do i'm so scared?

Once agian i am only 15 and pregnant i went to the doctor today and im not measuring out right. The babys abdomen is to small. I have to get an ultrasound on monday and if the baby is in the 10th percintil there going to induce my labor. If not im going to get an ultrasound every week until i have it. Im 35 weeks pregnant so the baby should be ok if they do but im still really scared and dont know if the baby abdomen being to small could be bad.

K3lly94

Asked by K3lly94 at 2:15 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I hope everything works out for the best mama! What did the doctors say about it? They should have given you some info on the risks and everything. Not just tell you that the abdomen is too small and leave it at that! If that's all they told you then I would probably try to find a more caring and informative doctor FAST since you are so far along. Did you google it? I'm sure there is some info on the web about it. Best wishes!
    ~Jackie~
    jackiec7707

Answer by jackiec7707 at 2:23 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I don't know hun I wish you all the luck, did your doctor discuss any of the worries and concerns with you? Normally doctor's do *hugs*
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 2:17 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I would talk to your doctor and let him know your concerns. Call him tomorrow. Good luck

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• i agree, ask ur doc what the risks of ur baby having a small abdomen can be
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:23 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• If theres something your doctors say that you don't understand ask them to explain it a little better or with terms you understand. There is no such thing as a stupid question when it comes to your baby. Good Luck and I hope your baby is okay.
    penguinqueengi

Answer by penguinqueengi at 2:24 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I just googled it and found a similar question with some answers from moms who have dealt with this. Here is a link. I hope it puts your mind at ease a little. Really, try not to stress too much. If it was major I'm sure you would know exactly what is going on but if the doctors aren't too concerned then your baby should be fine. Here is the link. *Hugs*

http://www.babycenter.com/400_fetus-too-small-for-being-33-weeks_1790495_165354119168.bc
    jackiec7707

Answer by jackiec7707 at 2:28 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• AND- if you are worried, know that it is NEVER too late to ask for a second opinion. Do you trust your OB 100%? Have you found anyone else in that practice or from that hospital that could give a referral? You need to make sure you feel confident in not only what they are telling you but their ability to help you make good decisions about what ever comes up!
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 5:27 PM on Jul. 31, 2009