how far would you go?

Im having my baby shower soon and I was going out of town to register, there is a store 45 mins away with all the stuff I want and the store in town has nothing I like. Well anyway my mom told me no one will travel that far to buy a baby shower present...what do you think? Should I just settle for stuff I dont like at the store that is closer or at the better store? Would you travel that far?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hm, I probably wouldn't travel that far, to be honest. You might just want to register for some things at the closer store and then register for some at the other store. That way you can register for the stuff you really like at the far away store, and the stuff that you need at the close store, diapers, onesies, etc. I'm sure the close store has some good stuff.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:43 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• In this day & age most people would try & find the store online or call and order something to be shipped!!
    Would I go that far for a baby gift? probably not
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 2:43 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I know I wouldn't travel that far. Either do the registry in town, or don't even bother with a registry. Sometimes the BEST gifts are NOT what you asked for. Certainly was true here!

Answer by gdiamante at 3:27 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Where I'm from you have to travel at least that far lol. It's is easy to just go online and order it, you can usually do your registry online too, and they can access it by typing in your name.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:30 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I also probably wouldn't travel to buy a baby gift. Try doing a registry online and that way they don;t even need to drive they can just ship it to your house or even theirs. so that way you can get what you want and they don't need to hassle with it.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 3:33 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I had a baby shower with each of my 4 kids and between them maybe got 15 things off my list. People will buy what they want to buy no matter where you register. It seems to me they use it as more of a guideline than a rule.
    fourisplenty

Answer by fourisplenty at 9:10 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• IMHO I think it's selfish to expect people to buy certain things. I can understand registering so you don't get duplicate items but beggers can't be choosers. That's JMO.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:03 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• We have to go that far to get anystore that isnt a Walmart so I would if I was already going there to shop. I wouldnt drive that far for one gift...but if it is just the nearest city its ok, and make sure people can order online.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I would not travel, I would look online and try to find a website for that store or to order a product on your registry from somewhere else. And honestly, I never even had a registry for my baby shower. My mom planned my shower and she just told everyone that it was my first child, and she had already gotten me the carseat, high chair, and crib, so everything else was fair game. I got lots of really great stuff, and most of it was stuff I would never have thought to put on a registry. Just something to think of.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:50 AM on Jul. 31, 2009