do you keep your babybook up to date?

I always write the dates for my son's firsts, but I almost never get around to putting his updated pics, and filling in the dates and stuff for the firsts. Do you have any tips on how you keep your baby book updated?

Have you ever went back and looked at your own baby book to compare to your baby's? Do you think that having a baby book is important or just another silly tradition?

usdragonflies

Asked by usdragonflies at 2:43 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I actually think it's very important to keep it up. My daughter ended up having developmental delays, every time we go to a new doctor or therapist, they want to know when she did this that and the other thing, it's so nice to have that all in her book.

I have heard that some people write things down on the calendar, then fill in the book at the end of the year. I thought that was a really good idea. Otherwise you could pick a day every week to look it over and add anything you want to add.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:47 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I always keep up to date on my kids baby books. You just have to make time for it if you really want to do it. To me a baby book is very special and memories that you cant forget because they are in the baby book. I have told all of my kids they can have their books after I die. I also am making all of my kids their own scrap book of their life as a kid and teenager. I love doing it and think someday they will appreciate it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Currently i'm doing the calendar thing, except every month i fill everything in.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 2:50 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I was really good at putting the dates in at the beginning then the last year I started slacking. Bad mommy. I have a son so who knows how much he will appreciate in the future but I have most of the important stuff filled in,so i think so. The calendar is a good idea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• i do. i take one week every 6 months and do all of my journaling and crafting and scrabooking. it takes up the whole dining room so we just eat out for about 5 days or eat in the living room but i can at least get it all done with the least amount of confusion and i'm not hurried when i do it. i have a drawer in the buffet where i keep all my notes for dates and put items in for scrabooking so it's out of the way until i can catalog it.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:52 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• why cant i spell scrapbooking?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:53 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I try my best, but it's sooo hard, especially the more kids you have! My 1st child's book is the most filled in, my 1st has scrapbooks, my 1st has tons of home videos, oh well! And yes, I have gone back and compared and I love it! I even go back and compare with the baby book my mom did for me! It's sooo cool!
    TylersMama05

Answer by TylersMama05 at 8:43 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• With my DD I kept her baby book in the living room in a wicker basket, and I wrote just about everything down as it happened. Then we moved. And now I haven't been able to find her book in 2 months, so I'm making mental notes of everything until I can find it.
    Mick86Sara

Answer by Mick86Sara at 9:40 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I keep both my kids baby books up to date... I don't know how.. I just make myself lol find the time- and do it. my mom kept my baby book AWESOMELY up to date! (Until I graduated college) when I got married- she gave it to me- and I treasure it- so thats' my motivation!
    Habibti812

Answer by Habibti812 at 10:11 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I don't have a baby book, it got left in storage in TX when we moved and my real dad didn't pay the bill so they threw everything out... There went my baby pics, hospital bracelet, footprints, everything! So to me a babybook is extremely important I keep my sons out in the living room so I see it every day and if I want to add something it's right there. I'm also doing a scrapbook of his first year so he will be loaded down with memories. He may not be that interested but it means alot to me so I'm determined to keep up with it.
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 10:41 AM on Jul. 31, 2009