favorite kids shows..

Having a baby, I;m just now being introduced to the world of cartoons for the 21rst century. Man are some of the cartoons today annoying!! I hate Dora, it is so repetitive! I wanna scream at the T.V and choke her someimtes..lol! I have grown pretty fond of the Backyardigans though. It has a nice beat to it that you can dance to while you clean house (wow! I never thought I would say that!).

Although I buy alot of the newer stuff cause it's more educational, i'm also fond of the classics such as little mermaid, jungle book, and the sword in the stone.

What shows of today drive you up the wall, and which one are tolerable for you? What classics did you just HAVE TO HAVE for your kids to watch?

usdragonflies

Asked by usdragonflies at 3:03 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I knew something was wrong with Dora, Barney, Teletubbies and caillou when my son (then 3 years old) said "I no like them mama, they bad, not funny, they dumb mama", I nearly peed my pants. After that I told him not say the word dumb, as I continued to giggle.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 3:08 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I LOVE THE BACKYARDIGANS!! lol. DD loves them as well. She has been a fan since about 2 1/2 months. She screams & dances when they come on. Its so adorable. I like diego way better than dora. lol
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 3:10 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• My daughter is a HUGE fan of anything on Playhouse Disney. She really likes Imagination Movers (me too!), Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Handy Manny. I cannot stand Special Agent Oso but she likes him too. He is just too annoying. She loves the little paw pilot thing that sings : "Three special steps!" AHHH!
    Bears.Mommy

Answer by Bears.Mommy at 3:14 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I love sesame street. Handy Manny( I have a boy). Curious George is funny to watch cuz it totally reminds me of my son. Imagination movers is pretty good,thankfully nothing like the wiggles. Those guys creep me out and I won't let my son watch it. I know there are more that he watches in the morning but i am so tired I cant think...bed time.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 3:18 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I don't like barney wiggles teleitubies or Dora those will never be allowed. Scooby doo is a must have and so is the old luney toons no out of the box i use to like bear in the big blue house but its not on any more there are alot of shows on basic cabel that we dont get so or son wont be able to enjoy all the old cartoons and kids shows we use to watch
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 12:26 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• My boys are four years old, so we are breaking into the age of the superheros...so I like Batman Brave and the Bold for them, its pretty mild. They also like Wolverine and the Xmen. I was rather hesistant about these shows but DH told me i was being silly and we had a BIG talk about violence and how its a cartoon and we dont do that. Plus I like the team work in Xmen. They get it now. And sometimes say we need to do team work, like xmen. lol. Otherwise, they like WoW WoW Wubbzy, BACKYARDIGANS (it was their first cartoon and they still love it). They LOVE Phineas and Ferb. I love it too! Its great! OH and I we dvr the Rugrats and The Magic School Bus. They love those shows too, and so do I. Shows I HATE: Max and Ruby! (arg!!) Oswald Yo Gabba Gabba

Anonymous