• In the Spotlight:

Amnio and induction question

Well I am going to be induced on September 8th or 9th and have to have an amniocentesis done on the 8th to make sure his lungs are fully developed because he will only be 37 weeks and some odd day. I wish I was not being induced but because I am so far away from the hospital that I am delivering at and it’s a high risk pregnancy they do not want me to go into labor where I live. I am very nervous about both and would like to know from any of you that have had it gone through either of them what you experience was like. It does not help that this is my first baby and so everything is so new. Thank you!

MagicJellybean

Asked by MagicJellybean at 3:11 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i ws induced and it wasnt bad at all.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:14 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• The amnio was fine, but when they tell you to stay off your feet after...LISTEN. I didn't and wound up leaking that night. It was all OK but very scary.

Induction...if they use pitocin beware. The stuff is the drug of the devil. I'd labor for three weeks before having it ever again! It makes contractions far worse than they would be otherwise, so be aware of that.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:19 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I had something similar to an amnio, but it required more fluid to be taken out. It wasn't that bad at all. For the induction, I am going to recommend you not be brave and try to do it all natural. Take the epidural. The contractions come fast and hard after pitocin. I was induced for my first too. The second you see your baby all the pain is pretty much forgotten.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:27 AM on Jul. 31, 2009