Need advice... :-(

I am 19 years old. My boyfriend is 20. We both live at home with our parents. I dont have a job i was fired and he works with his parents on the comuter. Well I went to a doctor because my cheat was hurting. to find out ive been having heart problems. not only that but also he told me i was pregnant. I told my boyfriend and 2 weeks later we told his parents. I wanted to move in with him. My home life is not so good right now. long story short on my dad is having a affair. :-(... But It would have made things easier since we have a 30 min commuinte. But I am currently not even allowed in his parents house.

They dont like me we been together for almost 3 years... Well we told them today and they still refuse to talk with me. Now do you think its right that i dont want them to see their grand kid if they cant try and get along with me? or am i just being a bitch?? Love some...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't say that it would be completely wrong to do that but I am assuming that later in your pregnancy they will start to come around and honestly you probably want your baby to know his/her grandparents. Even if they don't like you still by then I doubt they will be able to refuse a baby that is a part of their family. I hope this helps in some way. Good luck sweetie.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 3:44 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• You need to allow his parents to let this sink in. They have not approved of you ever while you were dating their son, according to what you've said, and now you are pregnant so this is not a good situation for them to see their son in.

Your Dad having an affair really doesn't have much to do with you getting pregnant. Looks like you need to evaluate your life and figure out what YOU need to do for YOU. Are you going to keep the baby, decide to abort or adopt the child out. You have no means to support yourself and no current income, although that could change, I am guessing your parents don't know about this and you should tell them.

You're looking at this as being self centered which is understandable but you need to take into consideration how your life choices are affecting those around you. Your family needs to know what's going on.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 7:58 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I can understand that you want to protect you baby from people that you have seen to be sooo mean to you... but at the end of the day they will be his/her grandparents... i would say to them that they are allowed in the childs life, but if they so much as say one bad word then thats it... no more!!!
    Good luck honey...
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 8:51 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Give them time to get over the initial shock. I was 18 when I got pregnant and when I was 3 months pregnant my bf went into the Marines for boot camp and he still hadnt told his parents. When he got back from boot camp I was still pregnant and I read some letters his dad and step mom wrote him and his step mom hurt my feelings enough I didnt want her anywhere near my baby (esp after mentioning abortion and telling him to get a dna test) but after I had my daughter she was a completely different.
    As for your problems at home, I had to live with my parents while I was pregnant and it was hell. My parents fought all the time bc my dad done drugs and he even tried to hit me one night bc it was midnght and me little bother were watching a movie in my room and my dad went psycho, and my dad was also messing around on my mom. I just tried to focus on the baby and try not to stay stressed out and Im on my own now w/ #2 on the way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Jul. 31, 2009