:'-(

i am 19 years old. My boyfriend is 20. We both live at home with our parents. I dont have a job i was fired and he works with his parents on the comuter. Well I went to a doctor because my cheat was hurting. to find out ive been having heart problems. not only that but also he told me i was pregnant. I told my boyfriend and 2 weeks later we told his parents. I wanted to move in with him. My home life is not so good right now. long story short on my dad is having a affair. :-(... But It would have made things easier since we have a 30 min commuinte. But I am currently not even allowed in his parents house.

They dont like me we been together for almost 3 years... Well we told them today and they still refuse to talk with me. Now do you think its right that i dont want them to see their grand kid if they cant try and get along with me? or am i just being a bitch?? Love some...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• Um definitely NOT. Being a grandparent is not a RIGHT. It's a PRIVILEGE. If she can't get along with mommy then she obviously is not that ready to be GRANDmommy. You are not obligated to let her see that child. Not even just because that's HER SONS' child -_-

MIL problems are THE WORST.

Anyway...Congratulations on your pregnancy! Don't worry about anything...My Mom always tells me everything will work out just the way it's supposed to. :) Chin up and you can message me anytime you need someone to talk to.

Again congratulations.
    queeeeeenb

Answer by queeeeeenb at 4:02 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Hm. Thanks for the additional info.

THEY may resolve that problem for you by refusing to see the baby at all. But if they want to, they should be able to. ONLY in the company of your boyfriend who will strictly enforce that they don't talk you down. If he can't do that, then cut the whole family off. Including the boyfriend.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:04 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Amen gdiamente. Amen.
    queeeeeenb

Answer by queeeeeenb at 4:17 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• i wouldnt let them see the baby but thats my opion ur bf might think different im telling u from exsperience if u and ur bf deside to get married in the future then the inlaws will make it hell for u or be coniving like mine r. hang in there and keep open communication with ur bf
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 5:52 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Ok, let's not look at this as a grandparent rejecting mom and baby thing. I'm guessing they don't want to take on another dependent, no matter who it is. Why can't the bio dad get a place for the two of you? If you get this upset and jump to conclusions now then I'm worried about how you will handle important things later. Not bashing, just concerned. I'm sure a lot of this is hormonal and some is stress bc of the news of your heart but let's be fair. Hold off on judging the grandparents until the hormones calm down after the baby is born. I'm sure finding out your dad is having an affair has caused some stress in your own home but remember that it's not bio dad's parents responsibility to save you from your dysfunctional home life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jul. 31, 2009