have u ever talked on the phone with anyone u met on cafe mom? how did it go?

i made a friend in a depression aniexty group.. i would say we messaged six months before..........talking on the phne.. which went ok... we talked for an hour plus..but since that everything changed.. no more daily emails.. this was year ago.
no im more relucant than i already was...relacunant to make friends..just go
Anon.
ask ?
keep it non personal...
but still look and read.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• I actually met my very best friend through cafemom, we are constantly in touch and I have talked to a few others from here as well and even met one woman named Holly
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:26 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I have met a few people through cafemom. (Meet in a public place if you do meet in person.) One I met & we had a nice conversation, then never connected again. Another one I met about 3 years ago, & are still friends today. A third friend I met through a yahoo homeschool group, & we are very close friends, she is the one who invited me to cafemom, & although we can't see each other anymore because we moved 1200 miles away, we stay in close contact through cafemom & facebook, as well as regular e-mail.

Don't close yourself off, this is real life. Sometimes you meet people that you think you clicked with, but nothing comes of it, or it isn't mutual, then you'll meet someone else that you don't feel a connection with.....then you'll meet someone where there is a definite connection on both sides... those are the lucky meetings. It's not easy to make good friends, be open, cautious, & don't give up!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:20 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Yes, I have. I met a mom that lived in my city and we ended up having lunch at chickfila and that was 2 1/2 years ago. We are still very good friends and we even go on vacation together. Another one invited me to church, and we went. We still go to church there even though they moved. Another one I spoke to about some clothes I was going to buy from her for my daughter. I enjoyed our conversation, but she was a bit strange. When we would talk about the kids and our families, she was very normal and fun, but when we talked about clothes, she got all snobby and made sure I knew how expensive all of it was and what she did for a living and how much money she had...that went back and forth about 3 times. I would have rather spoke to the person who was being real with me and finding things in common, but the "other" personality bugged me. That was the only weird experience I have had.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:04 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• That's one of the reasons I joined cafemom. I must moved to Maryville, TN and don't know anyone. By finding people in my area who are in my groups, I know I have something in common. I have already done the same with some other social media outlets and it's been fun. Of course, I don't put myself in bad situations. I meet them for coffee at a local hangout and then lunch, and then ... you get the idea. Public locations are the only way to go until you know enough about them.
    wingspouse

Answer by wingspouse at 9:59 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Nope I never had.I am not very good at having friends that are women.Men yes have to best friends that are men for over 7 yrs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I've talked with several women from CM. They are wonderful women and I hope to remain friends with them forever. Due to schedules it's just easier to write online but I have talked to them on the phone.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:43 AM on Jul. 31, 2009