Is hell really real? That is what people ask. What do you tell them?

Hell is real folks!
Can you deny that there will be family members, friends, CM pals, your neighbors, church brothers and sisters that will feel and taste the sting of an eteranal hell?
Time to really do something about it right?

bloodbought

Asked by bloodbought at 4:06 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Lexi, The Bible speaks of hell almost twice as frequently as it does heaven. The reason for this IS God's love .  Think about it, if you knew someone you loved was headed for a horrible situation and you knew the solution you'd be telling them as often and as clearly as possible.  So it is with God, He is Holy so He can't just say...Oh that's O.K. sin as much as you want I love you so I won't punish you.  So he made a way to go to Heaven in the death of His Son.  Then He inspired the Bible and left His followers here to tell people.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:17 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• People do all kinds of things hoping that they'll make it into heaven (or that at least they'll escape hell)...
    Some of 'em try to live a good life.
    Some of 'em worship and pray to Mary and saints.
    Some of 'em go to the Kingdom Hall.
    Some of 'em listen to Joseph Smith, some to Ellen White, some to Muhammad.
    Some of 'em go to Tibet or to spirit guides to find the hidden wisdom.
    Some of 'em go to Mecca to throw stones at the devil.
    Some of 'em practice voodoo, santeria, and palo mayombe.
    Some of 'em crawl on their knees for 10 miles till they are raw and bloody.
    Some of 'em open up a prayer book for 5 minutes every week and read what's on the page.
    Some of 'em go to an organizational meeting once a week thinking/hoping it commends them to God.
    Some of 'em chant to scrolls.
    Some of 'em give the Catholic religion all their material possessions and enter a convent or monastery to live the life of an ascetic
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 4:07 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Yes, it is very real. I am so thankful that Jesus died on the cross for me (and for everyone who will accept him as their savior).
    sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 4:13 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• 1:13 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 by: sw33t_blond3
    Yes, it is very real. I am so thankful that Jesus died on the cross for me (and for everyone who will accept him as their savior).
    ~~~~~~~~
    AMEN!
    If they only knew what is waiting for them.
    Jesus died for all of human kind.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 4:30 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• In Mark 9, notice that the Lord Jesus repeats three times about Hell, “where the worm dieth not and the fire is not quenched.” Now, I personally feel that it is a great waste of time to quibble and argue with people about whether it is literal, real fire or not. And it seems there is some reason for saying that it need not necessarily be a real fire, or that this is a literal, real worm that is referred to here. But it is interesting to note that one of the Bible words used to describe Hell is Gehenna, and that referred to the garbage dump of the valley of Hen, where there was fire constantly burning, and the worm and maggots never lacked something to eat. They were always alive, always in existence.
    It is real and it really does hurt my soul when I hear people mocking about it.
    They just have NO IDEA what for ever means. They believe the LIE that they just die and are NO MORE!
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 4:42 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Hell is real and the bible says who ever dont expect Jesus as there lord and savior and dont ask him to forgive there sins will be in hell it is a real place my friends and i dont want to go there :) Im going to heaven Praise God
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 5:47 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• 2:47 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 by: hinson7169
    Hell is real and the bible says who ever dont expect Jesus as there lord and savior and dont ask him to forgive there sins will be in hell it is a real place my friends and i dont want to go there :) Im going to heaven Praise God
    ~~~~
    What a day that will be when my Jesus comes for me!
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 5:54 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Is there a point to this, or are you just bragging, as usual, about how holy and rightous you are? Do you ever post anything that's an actual question you want answers to?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:15 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Nope.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:26 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Most of the teachings of Jesus centered around love, not the fear of burning in Hell. Telling others that they are going to burn in Hell for whatever reason, is a judgment of condemnation. Only God knows who will be in Heaven, and I think a lot of people who preach Hell often will be surprised to find themselves in its fires.

Now, about the "everlasting fires of Hell"---read Jude 7:

"Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities."

Are Sodom and Gomorrha burning today? No. They were destroyed with "eternal fire" however.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:26 AM on Jul. 31, 2009