what does the "Gospel" mean to you?

When you say that you want to share the gospel with someone; what do you really mean?

Exactally what does "THE GOSPEL" mean to you as a Believer?

bloodbought

Asked by bloodbought at 4:47 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• the four books in the New Testament (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) that tell the story of Christ's life and teachings
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 5:45 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• The word "gospel" means "message". The gospel is God's message to mankind. If you will yield to the gospel, you will be reconciled to God and you will escape eternal damnation in hell and the lake of fire. Besides all of this, you will have abudant life right now as you walk with the Creator of the universe-in spite of all the woes the world will throw at you. If you are full of doubts, ask Jesus to help you to understand and to be willing to be saved.

many say the word gospel means, "good news" but in actuality it is only good news for those who receive it with singleness of heart. To others it is the stench of death...eternal death. Revelation 14:6-7 tells us the message of the everlasting gospel-"Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and WORSHIP HIM that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters." There is only one way to do this--through the blood of Jesus Christ.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 4:49 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Gospel means, "good news". It's the good news of Christ's life, teachings, and atoning death on the cross at Calvary for sinners like you and me! It's the good news that we can have eternal life through Jesus, the only Way to our loving, merciful God!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:09 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• it means 'truth' to me. good news truth..
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:27 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• When I read the word Gospel, I immediate think "Good News!" in fact, sometimes I'll write Good News instead of Gospel when referring to the Gospels.

I was raised and taught to embrace the entire Bible as a whole and not just the apocalypticism of it so I honestly do not put more emphasis on damnation over salvation or any other teaching of the Bible. I am saved, I do not have to worry about the lake of fire. I trust my sovereign God to be in control over everything and that no soul will fall out of his hands and into hell if he does not want them to. No drop of Jesus' blood will be wasted and the Holy Spirit in his sovereignty will never cease to be effective in calling God's elect to himself. Hell is not something I fear or ponder on except to praise Jesus from what he has saved me from.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:50 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• For me its spreading the truth. I order once a month little gospels that have the book of john. It also has tips and stuff about coming to God. I give them out as much as I can but I do not force anyone to read it!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:51 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• The gospel is the Good News telling how that (1Corintians 15:4 "Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"

Romans 10:9-10, "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. "

Romans 10:11, "As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in Him will never be put to shame."
    lynnsl

Answer by lynnsl at 2:53 PM on Jul. 31, 2009