Shocked at the answers I recieved from Cafemom!

Wow, I asked a question for the first time on Cafemom about my daughter who I thought might be bi-polar and has moved back home with my grandson. I recieved answers from people that thought I was a NUT to I am the ONE who needs counseling. Her father and I have done more for our daughter than any of you have any idea. I was begging for some advice for help, and most of the answers I got were that people thought I had a problem. My daughter is 27, cannot hold down a job, is a pac-rat beyond belief, has our grandson wearing the same clothes for days, if it were'nt for us looking out for him, he probably would'nt be feed decent food. Her car is loaded up to the top with garbage that you could'nt find his car seat if you wanted to. There bedroom is the same. I let him sleep with me most of the time, so he isn't sleeping on top of garbage. Think, MOTHERS before you answer some of these questions with your judgements.

Angelbless

Asked by Angelbless at 5:16 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• Coming here for serious advice is like going to McDonalds for a gourmet meal.
    Ain't gonna happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:17 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• i'm sorry :[
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 5:59 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I'm sorry, there are really rude people here. Good luck.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 7:08 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I'm sorry that happened to you here. I've seen many nasty comments and answers here too.

Good luck with your daughter.
    MichiMomma

Answer by MichiMomma at 7:18 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I didnt see the original question, but I definitely know what you mean. Most of these moms are under 30. They know very little about raising teens or adult children. Most of my really good answers come from moms that are over 30 because they tend to think more like I do and a lot of them have kids my kids age. Do you have the original question. I would like to read it.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:40 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• ya i resigned myself not ask any more serious questions anymore because all you are going to get is bull.i dont think i have every got a normal answer down to the question "is the sky blue today"
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 7:44 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I AM SO SORRY YOU GOT BASHED, SOMETIMES IF YOU DON'T FULLY TELL THE WHOLE SITUATION PEOPLE ASSUME THE REST. ASSUMING IS A COMMON THING AROUND HERE. MY ADVICE TO YOU IS TO TRY TO CONTROL HER WITH MEDICATION AND THERAPY, I DON'T KNOW IF SHE IS ALREADY DOING THIS, BUT IF ONE MEDICATION IS NOT WORKING, KEEP ON TRYING UNTIL YOU FIND ONE THAT DOES, GOOD LUCK TO YOU, AND HOPE THINGS GET BETTER.

Answer by older at 8:11 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I saw the original question and if you had described it originally as you had here you probably would have had different answers!!!! You came across originally as very judgmental and unsupportive of your daughter. Perhaps the tone and the description of your original post was the reason for the answers you received. "Who would have thought".
    Waxing_Lyrical

Answer by Waxing_Lyrical at 9:42 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I saw the origional post and some of the answers. Im sorry that people said stuff like that to you. I would love to help you but i have no idea on what to say or do in that situation. Try to sit her down and talk to her about how she keeps her stuff a mess with trash everywhere and tell her that if someone came in the house and saw that then she could get her son taken away from her. I know that when someone is bi-polar they can be hard to reason with and even harder to try to get them to relize that they have that problem to begin with. But i wish you the best of luck. Maybe being afraid of loosing her son might make a difference in her.
    Anonymous

Ain't gonna happen. -------------------------------------------

According to you, but I have recieved quite a few thanks for my answer to questions. There are quite a few on CM who can either relate to someone's question or they have KNOWLEDGE of the subject.....

PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 1:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2009