can i expect pregnency

my periods are irregular we planned ovulation time and had intercourse on that day when to take home pregnency test and with irregular periods can i expect pregnency please help detail answers about all this process

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Unless there is something physically wrong with your partner or yourself i dont see why you shouldnt be able to get pregnant. My husband and i started trying around feb 09 and we conceived April 3 09. We didnt get pregnant right away because i was under so much stress on trying to conceive so fast. I didnt have an irregular period but even so.. you should have sex every other day or every two days. Some people do it everyday but i was told that the sperm count isnt as high when you do that. Try taking a multi- vit and drink lots of water. I exercised and ran a mile everynight because i could of losed a couple pounds lol. I stopped stressing and then we found out we were pregnant. Now we did try those ovulation kits and they just did not work for me. They all said neg. but if so why am i 20 weeks now haha. Dont worry so much. Sending some baby dust your way. GL hun
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 7:07 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I had/have irregular periods. For #1 and #2, we didn't try, we just got pregnant. When we decided to try and add to the family and it took longer than expected, we tried all kinds of things. Nothing worked. When we stopped stressing over dates and levels and sticks, we got pregnant. We ended up m/c @ 9 weeks. After that, we left it up to fate/God, just like the first 2. After I missed my period around New years, we discovered that we were pregnant again. I am now 33 weeks.

I would say to not stress about it. Just take it easy. When things click, then they click into place. The more you stress, the less likely that conditions will be optimal. Good Luck.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 7:14 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• When I'm not on the pill I'm irregular, too. I've gone as long as 5 months without a period and I wasn't having sex during that time. When we decided to start trying for a baby we didn't go into all the ovulation planning stuff, I just went off the pill. We used condoms for about 6 weeks to make sure the pill was all out of my system. My stepmom had had a miscarriage and her doctor said it may have been because she had just went off the pill. No one really knows, but I thought, won't hurt to use condoms for a few weeks. So we officially started trying at the start of September. I had a period in September and October. No period in November and it didn't look like I was going to have one in December either. I wanted to take a test, but my husband was like - you can't just take a test every time you don't get your period since you aren't regular. He wanted to wait until 3 months of no period because the ob/gyn CONT.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:45 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• said to call if I hadn't had a period in that amount of time. We were planning on going out with my cousins during the holidays and having a few drinks. So two days before we were going to leave to visit my family for Christmas, I took a test while he was at work. I was not expecting it to say 'pregnant' because I kept having slight cramping thinking I was going to have my period any day. Sure enough there was no drinking for me during the holidays. :) I would have conceived somewhere around Thanksgiving so it took us about 3 months. I was around 4 weeks when we found out.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:50 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I should also mention that we didn't have sex every day or even every other day. Probably about 2 or 3 times a week, which is normal for us. We just went about our "business" like normal and tried not to stress about it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 31, 2009