Should I even bother?

I have my sisters 3 kids staying with me, while my sister has her oldest at a friends with her, she got kicked out of her place and did nothing to prepare a place to go so I ended up with them, long story short my sister is a fool who should not be a mother , I want to keep my neice so she can have a decent chance at life , she is 5yo I am wondering if I should try and talk to my sister before they haul ass and move to Indiana with my mothers son who has 3 kids and a wife with only a 3 bdrm place ....He is coming to get them all (my sister and her 4 kids) I just hate to see my neice be ignored and forgotten all the time because my sister seems to live in the internet world. Should I even bother? I just think that I could do a better job then her ,I have 2 girls ages 5 and 3 , and they love having their cousin as do I ♥

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Why don't you suggest keeping the younger children with you until she gets settled in Indiana? I guess the only problem with that is what will they do for school? You can't just send them, without proof of permanent residency and or legal guardianship.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:17 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Sounds like you really care about those kids.....I dont think it would hurt, but be very careful about how you word this. YOu dont want her to get defensive and get the impression that you think shes a moron...even if you do. Maybe say...hey, what do you think about leaving_____with me until you get settled, or would you mind if ____stayed here until you see if this is going to work out. The kids love having her here and it would be helpful for you to not have to worry about her. That way you can think about what youre going to do. Basically make it about her and NOT about you. If she even remotely senses that you are doing this to protect the child from her, or keep her from you or whatever, she will be very angry, defensive and you might not see them for a long time. It sounds like shes not a very stable person and doesnt seem to mind dragging 4 kids around the country. Does she not have a husband or ex husband?
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:19 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• They are all enrolled in school because last yr they went here and the school is actually right down the rd from me, My only prob is I would not be able to keep them all I suggested the youngest because well shes they only girl and I have girls already so the sleeping situation is already worked out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• She is a moron but I do see what your saying about making it all about helping her not saving the kid from her, she has an ex husband who doesn't want the kids he only wants them when hes trying to get back at her or mostly when he doesn't want to pay child support which she is taking him to court over.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I would be as concerned about the boys as I am about the little girl. And would it hurt the little boys to know that you wanted their sister, but not them?
    Anonymous

• The boys are a lot older and they know it would be best for their sister they kinda know their mom is a fuck up its sad but true and they know I love them to death.

Anonymous