Hospital grade pump to help increase supply?

Im using a Medela Advanced Personal Double Pump, at the moment. The suction is def better than lets say an Evenflo pump. Im a relacated mom here, and my supply is still very low. About 1/2 oz from both combine breast every 3 hours. Im already on all the herbs you can possible take. Just curious if I switch pump if you think this will help at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you putting baby to breast? That is the most important part of increasing supply. Switching to a better pump can definitely help. Normal pumping output is 1/2-2 ounces from both breasts, so you're doing great! Keep it up. Not everyone responds to a pump the same. The important thing is that you're getting the stimulation, not how much milk you're getting. Your baby is much better at getting the milk than any pump will. Keep up the great work! : )
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 10:02 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• From Me-

Baby will not go to breast, at all, many many tried attempts leaves baby very angry, and a very frustrated Me. I was going to Pump Exclusively.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• You CAN still get baby to take the breast. You are battling bottle preference because it is easier to get the milk from a bottle than the breast. Have you tried using a supplemental nursing system? Baby will still get what is in the bottle and will be stimulating the breast at the same time. I'm not sure how exclusively pumping will work when you are relactating. Here is a link for you about relactation. It can answer many of your questions and issues better than I can. http://www.kellymom.com/bf/adopt/index.html
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 10:34 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• From Me-

Yes we tried the SNS, and wanted nothing to do with being near my chest, just arched her back and screamed. Even tried while she was sleepy at night at 2am. I dont want to stress her out, I do keep trying. But if she gets angry Im not gonna push it further more at the moment its not worth it to have an angry baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jul. 31, 2009