Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


I need help finding the right service for my family. I need counseling to help restore sanity to my home. I need help so I can love and tolerate my famly again. Mt DH doesn't want me to leave him but I think it is the best choice for the kids. He says i need counseling and that they will help me to be better able to tolerate them and love my son again. I've been looking stuff up and need help finding it. I am in Ga.


Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • Contact your local social services. they can refer you to a family therapist or a community mental health program.

    Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:14 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

  • I would start with a well trained family therapist who will be able to counsel--EVERYONE involved--separately and together to address whatever problems you are experiencing. Are you overly stressed? Do your children have developmental issues? Do you have a substance abuse issue?

    There are many different types of therapy and therapists that specialize in specific areas. I think it is important to seek the help from a specifically trained therapist, and for you to identify the PRIMARY issue that has you feeling this way.

    It's a much better idea to seek help first than to just "walk away."

    Answer by LoriKeet at 8:28 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

  • I've looked into counseling but my ins doesn't cover it and we have no money. I need a low income place.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

  • Look for Community Services Boards. CSB's handle mental health (among other things) in Ga. Try looking in your phone book or internet search. You may have a referral service if you have private health insurance also.

    Answer by Wiggles_GA at 6:19 PM on Jul. 31, 2009