What are you going to school for??

Right now I am thinking about psychology, criminal justice, or human services. But I wanna know what else is out there!

san-1

Asked by san-1 at 8:27 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in

• all three of those are REALLY big right now, and pay AMAZING, and its pretty easy to cross over, major in one, and minor in the others...my major is Psych. i LOVE IT!!! take a few classes in each and think about what would make you happy when you wake up. being happy at a job makes it that much more fulfilling!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:19 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Accounting, marketing, engineering...

Whatever you decide, stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Have a couple of informational interviews with people in your chosen field to help you determine whether or not this is the right career choice for you.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:34 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I am going for Elementary Education. I will graduate in May 2010 and I can't wait!
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:19 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I am a History Major....
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:48 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Human Services. I would be very careful about credit transfer, schools say all credit transfer and they don't. If you plan on going from a community college to a 4 year college, check with that college to see what credits will transfer. Most general ed credits transfer but degree classes may not.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:36 PM on Aug. 1, 2009