Norfolk/VA Beach Mommies...

...what's fun and cheap/free to do in the area? I'm babysitting a 3 year old girl, and I have my 2 year old son, and I need activities to do with them to keep their minds off of fighting! Please help! :D

shantastic84

Asked by shantastic84 at 8:31 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• beach (if you are military go on base so you don't have to pay parking), if not military go to sandbridge, or seashore state park (they also have nature walks etc...), the zoo is like $6 for adults $4 kids, the childrens museum in portsmouth, princess anne park, strawberry picking in pungo (or do a google search for strawberry farms to find one close to you), mt trashmore (pack a picnic go play theres like 3 diff parks, running up and down the hill wears em out, take a kite, bubbles etc...), if you are military the bases all have pools and bowling alleys much cheaper than off base, or just go get some outside toys for at your house: bubbles, sidewalk chalk, bouncy balls etc..and let em run around outside for a few hours it'll wear them out and they'll be happy to be running outside.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:10 AM on Jul. 31, 2009