Maybe I shouldn't give up?

Ok so about this on again off again relationship with my boyfriend. I had it set in my mind that I was going to end it completley this weekend. Well when he called last night we had the best conversation, we talked about going away for the weekend, he even refered to himself as my boyfriend, which he's never done before. Now I'm more confused than ever. I really love him, but it's been a cycle of going for few weeks and not talking then talking and seeing each other. This has been going on for almost 5 months. It feels like things MIGHT be turning around though, he even talked about getting me a job where he works. We live over an hour apart but I would move over there in a heartbeat. Should I wait a bit longer before breaking things off with him, see how things go with him tonight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• *from OP*....oh yea let me say....I think this might be a fate thing... I wasn't looking for anything when he came in to my life, and from the day I met him I KNEW I was going to fall in love with him, like he was my soul mate or something. It was such an ODD feeling, I had never felt that before. I have never felt like it was going to be over, I have just felt like he needed some time to figure things out and to see where things would go with us. Just wanted to throw that in there....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I do think you should give it more time, it's only been 5 months. Maybe he has felt you were rushing things and just got a little scared. I say ride it out, but don't be the one to suggest too much committment.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:09 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• That's what I thought too, maybe I was just rushing things and scared him a little, and now that I've given him his space and he sees I'm not going to push him, his feelings are changing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Time is what you have going for you but while you wait to see where that is going you can always check out other men then make a decision.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:23 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I wouldn't get into a big rush to move to where he is, unless it's somewhere you want to live if the two of you don't work out. But otherwise, I would say give it some more time and see what happens. Long distance relationships require quite a bit of work, and some people don't realize that when they get into one (I myself am currently in one). He may not have realized how hard he'd have to work to make this relationship work, and now he is realizing it and making the effort. Give it time, see what happens, and maybe tell him that you have felt like the relationship wasn't working and why. Sometimes men can be really blind and need up to spell out for them what we expect or what we don't like about what they are doing.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:42 AM on Jul. 31, 2009