Baby Slings...

I always thought that baby slings and such are only for little babies. Lately though, I've had lots of people suggest that I use one for my [almost] 10 month old daughter. Do they still work for babies that old? My daughter weighs 18 and a half pounds, isn't that too heavy to be carrying her in a sling?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is almost 2 years old, and weighs 30lbs - we have always used slings and soft carriers for her - we're not stroller-users.

Baby-wearing can very comfortably turn into toddler wearing so long as you have the right carier for you.
    For a 10 month old I reccomend the Patapum back/front carrier -- http://www.attachedtobaby.com/Patapum-Baby-Carrier-P5.aspx
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 9:21 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I think the Maya Wrap is one of the best options. Go to Mayawrap.com. They have many diff. options to choose from. They even have slings for up to 40 pounds.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 9:23 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I still carry my 19 month old, 25 pound toddler in my mei tai carrier.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 10:36 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I know that Ring Slings can hold up to 35 lbs. I still use it occasionally for my 2 yr old.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:37 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• My son is almost 13 months, I wear him daily in my Ergo and so does DH.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 11:19 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• i like a wrap over a sling. Moby wrap is my best friend. Holds a child up to 35 lbs.
    Anonymous

• My sister in law uses hers with her 4 year old daughter!! You can use them to rest the child on your hip.
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 1:07 AM on Aug. 1, 2009