weird question

i am wondering if anyone in the world has the same problem i have. whenever i get a pimple, i feel the need to pick at it over and over again and then these red spots never go away. what is wrong with me??? how can i stop? my face looks horrible lately.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Health

• i did this as a teen. find something else to do w/your hands. play with a pencil, clean something, type, write, read, play with the kids, when you find yourself going for your face go fix your hair instead (sounds silly i know but that way you still feel like you are "fixing" something). and i've found that i don't do it as much if i wear makeup b/c then i don't want to mess up my makeup, so i'll wear just a little bit of makeup and don't mess with my face as much
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:12 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I have the need too. but I've started using proactive and the pimples don't come up as often, and when they do, I immediately put the refining mask on it. it satifies the need to touch it but is actually medicating it instead.

PurpleCristal

Answer by PurpleCristal at 9:12 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• yeah i was using proactiv but my doc doesnt want me on it since i'm pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I don' t think I have ever had a pimple that I didn't pop....I always thought I would rather have a red mark than a festering pimple....If it is a big problem, I think you will have to distract yourself.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:25 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I'm obsessed, seriously, with picking. I pick my face...my hubby has acne on his back, I pick that...
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 31, 2009