• In the Spotlight:

Why is it that employers all want the same thing?...Experience. Everyone has to start somewhere!!!

1HOTTmomma89

Asked by 1HOTTmomma89 at 9:39 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Money & Work

• As an employer it is easier to hire someone that knows what they are doing. I have taken chances with people with no experience and lost a ton of money. I realize we all have to start somewhere but I won't risk my livelihood for it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• You can gain experience through volunteering and interning/externing.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• ok well i understand about losing money but I went to school for medical assisting, did a 7 week internship for a dx office and i know how to do all of the required tasks. These employers want people with 1-2 years experience. I went to school for a year. That should be experience enough!!!
    1HOTTmomma89

Answer by 1HOTTmomma89 at 1:16 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• If you are a mom, then you have experience: logistics, time management, etc.

Contact the placement office at the school where you earned your degree; they should be able to guide you.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:01 PM on Jul. 31, 2009