How much money to start off with for a garage sale?

Hi. I was going to start with a $10 bill, a $5 bill, 20 $1 bills, and four dollars in quarters and a dollar in dime and nickles. Do you think this sounds okay or should we get more or less of something? It's our first garage sale in a long time and I can't remember what I started with last time. Thank you for your help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I usually start out with 50 ones, 10 fives and a couple of tens as well as plenty of change. I've had days when it's way to much but then other times I'm trying to find change for a $20 because that seems to be all anyone has. You can always give someone 10 ones if you run out of tens but you can't give them a ten if you run out of ones.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 9:53 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• More tens and more fives. I always start with 4- tens, 5-fives, 20-ones and a roll of quarters, a few dimes (maybe 20) and the same amount of nickles.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:53 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I always have 20 ones,10 fives and 5 dollars in quarters.I can tell you that most people always carry $20.00 bills at the swapmeet that I sell at.I always carry lots of change on me.Do not forget to carry a money belt also.
    monica-alvarez

Answer by monica-alvarez at 11:21 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• The first person to show up at your yardsale with buy a 25 cent item and pay with a $20. Happens everytime! Actually our girl scout troop is doing a yard sale this morning and tomorrow. I took first shift today. By the time I left we already had 6 $20's. I would start out with 2-$10, 4-$5's, 20- $1's, 10 dollars in quarters and a few dimes and nickles.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:46 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• LOL, I remember being so broke one time I started out my yard sale with no change. We managed. I just sent them down the road to get change at the bank. Funny how they manage to find the right change in their wallet, purse, car etc. what you have is fine

Answer by admckenzie at 9:30 PM on Jul. 31, 2009