How expensive is it to get divorced if you use a mediator?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• I believe it may be $200 it all depends what state your in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I wound up paying for a mediator TWICE ($575) each time - and my ex husband never showed up for either session.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:58 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• i had a mediator and it was 1k...they make you and your other half split the cost....as far as court costs if you file for financial hardship that can help...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 10:00 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• It depends on the state but you're probably looking at around 1k with filing fees and everything. Not too bad. If you're soon to be ex spouse is cooperating you might as well just do it yourself. Go down to the court house they'll give you a big packet of paper work. You file it on the correct dates and call it a day. Then you'll only have to pay filing fees which should be less than $500. Or it least it was when i was in this kind of work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Sorry I am not sure. I heard it was cheeper than a lawyer
    BOOGIETHEBOOG

Answer by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 11:51 AM on Jul. 31, 2009