OMG can they call CPS on me

My 3 year old got bit by a dog and someone said if I take him tot he hospital they will call thecops and the cops will call cps on me and take my kids away, but heee a doctor. What do I do? I don't want it to get infected or anything. Do I take him in or not? We are n9ot at home we arevisiting some friends and it is was their nieghbors dog that bit him. OMG I am so afrias I wil lose my kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Health

• no, not for someone else's dog biting your kid that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• They aren't going to call cps for that. They will however call if you show up weeks later and it is infected that would be medical neglect.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 10:50 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Absolutely not, however if it gets infected really bad and you don't take him, then that's another story. Take the baby to the doctor and let them treat him!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 10:50 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• how in the hell can you lose a kid for someone elses dog biting him...you actually could get in trouble for NOT getting your child the proper care....whoever told you that doesnt know thier facts...i got bit by my OWN dog when i was eight...enough to take a hunk out of me...and my mom took me to the dr and they didnt do nothing, didnt even make my mom get rid of the dog...the dog bit me a total of six times while we had him...nothing was ever done...it should have been...but in this case its a neighbors dog....its not your fault but actually the neighbor for not having hte dog properly attended or secured....even if the dog was and your child got away from you..its still considered an accident...its not like you sicced the dog on your child...get the kid help! this should be a no brainer answer! your childs health comes first!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• oh calm down, take your kid to the doctors, don't listen to the nut who said that they will call cps, if they do just explain. Kids get bit by dogs all the time. Has anyone ever called cps on you before?
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 10:51 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• why would they take your child?
    who told you this?
    unless you have had some issues with CPS before this, i can not see this happening
    they will take the dog away, maybe destroy it if it bit before
    and maybe give the owner a fine

my boyfriend's daughter got bit when she was this age, it was bad! stitches, she still has scars. it was his dog, it was destroyed

why have you waited to seek medical attention for your child!!!!, that is the concern here, not an accidental dog bite
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 10:52 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I got bit by a dog at 4. CPS did not get involved.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 10:52 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Take your child to the doctor. CPS wont take your kid for a dog biting him, but they will take a look at the dog and see if it needs to be put down.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:58 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• calm down.. my own dog bite my 20 month old, we took him right to the er.. the only thing they asked was if we knew the dog, and if it ahd all tis shots, and if it had a history of biting, animal control will be called and the dog will be assesed.. if you DONT take him to the er or dr.. then you run teh risk of getting in trouble with cps....
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:07 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Please take your child to the doctor for their health. Worry about the rest later. It was a neighbor's dog and I very sincerely doubt CPS will do a thing about it, even if called. Please just get the child medical attention immediately.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Jul. 31, 2009