I feel so sick and im only on my 6th week or pregnancy what can i do?

I always feel sick and i cant eat anything. Is there anything i can do so i can eat and not feel like i am going to throw it up?

mammamichelle

Asked by mammamichelle at 11:15 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• fruits yogurt crackers try that first then work your way up i did im currently 10 weeks 3 days with baby number 3 good luck
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 11:17 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• talk to your doctor if you cant keep anything down...they dont do it often but there is a med thats safe to take when pregnant for nausea...one of my friends started losing too much weight too rapidly because she was constantly throwing up....that med worked wonderful for her!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Eat smaller meals, more often. And carry snacks with you all the time. I felt nauseous all day long, but it was worse when I had an empty stomach. I carried around packs of fig newtons and peanut butter crackers. Drinking water also started to bother me so I got some of the Target brand of the crystal lite single serving flavor packs and that helped. Having crackers by the bed to eat as soon as you wake up, I've heard can help in the morning. Or when you get up to pee during the night, have a little snack before going back to bed. Good luck.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:27 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Try ginger snaps as well or real ginger ale. Look at the ingredients list and make sure it has real ginger in it. It was a lifesaver for me during my first trimester- I couldn't hardly keep anything down! Ginger is a natural reliever of nausea, and after you've eaten some you might be able to keep down small amounts of other foods (such as what ohmama213 suggested). Also try eating something immediately when you first get up in the morning. i kept some snaps by my bed, and that seemed to help some too. If you are throwing up so much you are becoming dehydrated you might need to talk to your doctor, bc that can signal a pregnancy illness called emesis gravidarum . Good luck and I hope all goes well!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 11:30 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• lance..caption wafers are my best friend they are about the only thing I can hold down lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• All the posts here are right. Eat small amounts often, empty stomach is worse. plain food is best toast, crackers, bagel or whatever. Ginger snaps or Ginger Ale are good too. Ummm I also keep pack of crackers with me everywhere, by the bed, in my purse, in the car, ect. The nausea meds, I heard work well, BabiesRUs has a lollipop that has ginger in it. And drug stores have a motion sickness wrist band that helps too. I know it sounds silly but chewing gum helpped me too. Seemed like the constant swallowing helped the gag reflex or "sour in my throat" feeling.
    morning sickness should be called "first trimester all day sickness"
    GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Ginger snaps! I wish I had thought of that when I was in the first trimester.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:02 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I wish I could give off good advice that might work; I'm 21 weeks pregnant and I stay sick; really sick; I currently take Zofran everyday in order to be able to eat and keep food and water down; its a shame ! But ppl have advise my to eat crackers; and to drink plenty of water; I never heard of Ginger Snaps but that might work for you; try eating light things like jello, yogurt, pudding, even try toast they might help you out as well !
    dorkish_face

Answer by dorkish_face at 12:07 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• i had hypermis gravidum (sp) with both my pregnacies i lost 15lns with my first and 10 with my second. i was in and out of the hospital for dehydration it sucked. but i hear mint leaves work
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:15 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• The thing that would work best for me is I would eat a popsicle or just have a DUM DUM pop. I was fine after I had one of those. I know it does not work for everyone but it did work for me.
    crazypinkzebra

Answer by crazypinkzebra at 12:31 PM on Jul. 31, 2009