Allergies!!! Need natural remedy ideas.

Just found out I am pregnant and I am still breastfeeding my dd so I can't take any of the usual over the counter things to help my symptoms. Are there natural ways of alleviating some of my symptoms, at least for a while? I've been suffering for over a week with sinus pressure, itchy watery eyes, itchy-runny-stuffy nose, sneezing etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Health

• saline nasal spray will help.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 1:19 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• You can get a prescription for flonase. I took that while pregnant.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 11:30 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Find local honey.....like with in a 20 mile radius. That's what the kids and I do everyday during allergy season!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• get a Neti Pot.....it looks like a little tea pot. I think you can get them at Walmart and Target now. and you just put warm water in mixed with 1/8 teaspoon of salt and it goes in one nostril and cleans out your sinuses. put water through both nostrils. when the pollen and things are really bad, or if i am in a home with animals or allergens, i use it. it's the most natural way to clean your sinuses out. and you can use it a couple times a day as a normal routine anyways, it's just saline. directions on the box. they are also in lots of health food stores. only around $10. a lot of people who do yoga regularly use them before their session as part of their natural cleansing and detox also. they are great.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• No dairy; dairy increases mucus. Like many other nutrients, and despite the claims of the dairy industry, plant based calcium is superior to animal based. Here is some of what the doctors at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine say: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html

Drink lots of peppermint tea; peppermint is a natural decongestant (be sure that peppermint is the only ingredient).

Answer by rkoloms at 2:08 PM on Jul. 31, 2009