When nursing while pregnant, does the nipple tenderness go away before the birth of the baby? Is so, when? If not, how long does it last after birth?

I'm currently nursing my daughter through my current pregancy (14 weeks along). I have VERY sore nipple at the beginning of the nursing session, but seems to get better after she nurses for a few minutes. Does this last the entire pregancy?

hillmom

Asked by hillmom at 11:57 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It varies from woman to woman. Sorry I can't give you a better answer than that.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 12:01 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• How old is your child maybe give her a bottle off and on to help the pain Good luck

Anonymous

• My child is a toddler and I don't want to give her a bottle. I want to still meet her needs at the breast and I can handle the pain, I was just wondering if it would go the entire pregancy or not. Thank you for you suggestion.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 12:07 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• well i guess that would really depend on if your nipples stay sensitive the whole pregnancy mine went back and forth were they hurt really bad to when they didnt hurt at all so it could stop atleast for sometime
    Anonymous

• Woh a toddler like over 2 have you thought about breast breaking her or him already were is your cut off lady
    WHY DO U CARE IS HER KID IF SHE WANTS TO BF TILL THE KID IS 4 IS HER PROBLEM SHE ASKED ABOUT SORE NIPPLES NOT WEANING!!! UGH SOME PEOPLE ARE SO IGNORANT. IS HER BOOBS NOT YOURS

piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:14 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• To answer Anonymous' question, we believe in full term nursing (that is letting the child self wean). I have done my research and decided this is what is best for my child. Any negative comments about my decision will be reported as they do not pertain to my question. Thank you.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 12:15 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• First of all I am expressing my opinion just like everyone else does I am not calling you a name or being rude at all so if you feel that you have to report me than please do so

Anonymous

• 4 year old on a breast whats going to happen when the kid goes to school she going to have to go feed him at lunch time...there should be a cut off at some point lets get real here would you like a 4year old looking at her dad naked prob not so why should a boy see his moms breasts at 4
    WHY DO U CARE!!! IF YOU HAVE NO GOOD INFORMATION THEN WHY ANSWER. YOUR OBSVIOUSLY TO IGNORANT TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BF.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:21 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• HEY OP WHEN DID U FIRST NOTICE THE SORE NIPPLES. I BF MY SON WELL I PUMP AND FOR THE PAST WEEK MY NIPPLES HAVE BEEN SORE AND MY BOOBS HAVE BEEN CRAMPING.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:23 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• http://www.kellymom.com/nursingtwo/faq/13sorenipples.html
    http://www.llli.org/NB/NBSepOct07p230.html
    i don't know from experience, but from what i've read, it will decrease as the pregnancy gets further along. i also read that increasing your fluids might help w/ the tenderness.
    also, i just wanted to commend you on child lead weaning. i'm also going to do that w/ my son, and we're TTC right now. i hope to tandem nurse, but if he ends up weaning during pregnancy, i'm fine w/ that too.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 12:26 PM on Jul. 31, 2009