i think its bull when sm1 says "it was in Gods will for that to happen" when its a tragety, what do you think?

I had some miscarriages and got a divorce due to mental illness in my ex and very high stress. I was told by some church people that is was in GOds will that all that happened. That saying alone made me angry at God for a while. I felt he was punishing me when in fact I was trying to serve him with my whole heart. Please dont tell those that have or are going threw hard times that its Gods will. Some times things happen cause were human and GOd leaves it up to us to fix it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• While i do think it is a tacky way to say something like that, I do believe everything happens for a reason. I'm sorry those things happened to you and I have no doubt that they were extremely difficult times for you.

God does have reasons, but most of the time, we have no clue what they are......even in the worst of situations.

But i do agree.....It would definitely not be the words coming out of my mouth in a difficult time.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:19 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• maybe god new something bad was gonna happen to that baby and instead of letting you get to know him and his personality and everything he took him so you didnt have to suffer more in the end i think it would be harder to have a child and lose him after i had already gotten to know him. and maybe you got the divorce because god didnt want you to end up getting hurt by some crazy guy....but maybe im wrong.
    Anonymous

• I believe that God has already decided our destiny. That when we die, it's already determined, etc. I do believe that we make our own choices and that can affect the outcome of a lot of things. But it won't change the path that we are already on. I'm not sure it's God's will that you misscarried or that you got a divorce. In fact, I believe that is God telling you that it wasn't time for you to be a mother. And that you were with the wrong partner. Depsite your free will, God does control the universe and he will send messages alerting you. Think back about your relationship, was there ever a point before you got married that you didn't think you should? Really think about it. Also, as far as miscarriages go, maybe you are destined to adopt. Maybe that is the path God has chosen for you.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:22 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• "Behold, He is coming with clouds..." Revelation 1:7: If there were never any clouds in our lives, we would have no faith. They are a sign that God is there. What a revelation it is to know that sorrow, bereavment, and suffering are actually the clouds that come along with God!...........................................

"Jesus did not commit Himself to them.... for He knew what was in man." (a wicked heart) JOHN 2:24,25:

Jesus trusted no one, and never placed His faith in people, yet He was never suspicious or bitter. He had confidence in God, and in what God's grace could do for anyone, was so perfect that He never despaired, never giving up hope, for any person.

marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 12:23 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• My husband and I believe this part of life. Your soul chooses the trials, hardships, life lessons, etc it is to learn and accomplish in your life time. In my 20s I had a close friend die every year. That was just one grief I dealt with for a decade. Plus disabilities in my family I had to watch people go through, particularly my parents. I too was mad at God for a time for "making my mum have MS". Then I came to the realization of what I said above. You are here to learn things, whether you like them or not. I still have things in my life I don't like, continue to pray, but know that God doesn't punish us when bad and difficult things happen. After all, life isn't always supposed to be peaches and cream.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• People say stupid things. That is how they see God and they think it is their job to spread the word. Another view is that God is loving. He doesn't make bad things happen, that's just life.

No matter what people tell you, you are not being punished. Miscarriages are common, we just know about them more now because people can go out and buy home pregnancy tests and find out they are pregnant very early. Women know about early miscarriages that they wouldn't have known about 30 years ago.

GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 12:26 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I believe everything happens for a reason. Including the poor child who suffered and died of leukemia and your suftfering and broken marriage. I believe some of it is God's will, and some of it is a lesson we take on for ourselves. Somethings happen to bring about better things for others. If his son had not been murdered, would the guy (what's his name?) have ever created America's Most Wanted, bringing justice for so many? The poor little guy was a special soul that brought about something great. Maybe your suffering was to challenge your relationship with God. Or maybe it had nothing to do with you but brought about a change in someone else's. We don't know, and that's why it's called "faith". I'm not trying to preach to you, I don't do that. I believe everyone has a "right" faith for them. I guess I'm just saying that I can't believe it's all chaos. Otherwise, what's the point?
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 12:26 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• "Let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." JAMES 1:4:

Ultimately, God will allow nothing to escape: every detail of our lives is under His scrutiny. God will bring us back in countless ways to the same point over and over again. And He never tires of bringing us back to that one point until we learn the lesson He has for us, because His purpose is to produce the finished product.... His plan for us... not ours
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 12:27 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I think Christians who say that are trying to comfort in some way. It's really a case of not knowing what to say and saying the wrong thing. We have a hard time dealing with tragedy of any form and we don't often have the wisdom to just to be quiet and listen or just say "I'm sorry this happened".

As far as God's will, I don't presume to know the will of God. I do know that He allows some things tragic into our lives for reasons only He knows. I don't think He wants those things to happen but because He can see eternity and we can't He can see the greater good.

Anyway, I am sorry you have had to endure both tragedy and ignorance or insensitivity. And I hope that you have found comfort in your losses.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:29 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• It is not having what you want
    that matters in life,
    It is wanting what you have.
    Life is a journey
    through self discovery,

Only you can find your way.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 12:35 PM on Jul. 31, 2009