why do people say a child is gift from god????

a child is a product of sex. if it were a gift from god, you'd get pregnant with out sex.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• If God hadn't created Man and Woman and given them the tools for sex, there would be no sex.
    Anonymous

• because some people don't understand biology.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 12:12 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I can't have kids... So, if I somehow get pregnant, i Would consider my kid a give from God :)
    Anonymous

• Because you don't get pregnant everytime you have sex. And God knows about our children before we're even born.
    Anonymous

• "because some people don't understand biology."

Right because you can't possibly understand the physical aspect of getting pregnant and having a baby AND still consider it a gift from God.
    Anonymous

• I think its a way of saying that any baby is a precious gift (no matter what God/Goddess you believe in). I personally think sex in and of itself is a gift from the Goddess :) Otherwise, it would hurt like most other animals!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 12:22 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• God is the giver of life. God created biology, they are not exclusive of one another.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:22 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• For those who really understand biology and the journey the egg and the sperm have to take, it really is a gift from God!!! It is amazing to me how "easy" it is to get pregnant considering all that has to happen for it to take place!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 12:23 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• i think people say this because they think that being a parent to this child is a blessing
    it is being thankful and these people believe in God

i also think that these people do know biology and how babies are made
    -don't be an idiot saying they do not
    Anonymous

• Sex is a gift from God too.

God wanted love and pleasure and commitment to be the foundation of the family.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:26 PM on Jul. 31, 2009