Im almost 35 weeks prego on sunday. And i came down with a sore throat , runny nose and my ears hurt . is there anything i can take for this.

jessyka795

Asked by jessyka795 at 12:08 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can take sudafed.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 12:10 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Call your doctor's office and ask before you take anything.....you can also ask the pharmacist.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:12 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Call your doctor just to make sure, but they told me I could take sudafed. However, if your ears are hurting then you may need to see the doc for an ear infection, which can cause the runny nose and sore throat as well. You'll need antibiotics for that. Good luck and I hope you get to feeling better!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 12:17 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• i was told the only thing i could take was robitussin...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• You could take any of the above things, but why would you want you put so many artificial chemicals into your baby's body?

I had the flu at 8 mos pregnant in the end of August. It was horrible and my sinuses hurt so bad. I made it through without taking any meds! I used those nose strips (non medicated) to open up my nasal passages, my Neti pot helped with the mucousy blockage, hot tea with lemon for the sore throat, hot showers twice daily (one in the morning and one at night) will REALLY help clear you up, and humidifiers at night. Chicken noodle soup, losts of rest, and you'll be better in a few days :~) HTH mama!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 12:40 PM on Jul. 31, 2009