Can Anyone Help Answer This?

(I'm reposting bc I didn't get answers before and I really need advice!)

I'm 39 weeks along, and I've been getting pain in my groin area, and soreness around the muscles of my inner thighs. I called my doctor and she said it is normal and that there are a lot of aches and pains as I get closer to delivery so not to worry. Everyone is telling me to walk a lot to get ready for baby, but I can barely stand with these pains- let alone walk! How can I ease some of this so that I can walk more? Or is it dangerous to walk if I'm in pain? My doctor really didn't give me too much information...

Emuu

Asked by Emuu at 12:14 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It does sound like the baby dropped. Yes, walking can help b/c it both brings on labor & can help get you in shape. But at 39 weeks, you just need to do what you can do to keep comfortable. Take a long bath or a shower, it might help ease the pain enough for your to get around. Getting on your hands & knees can also help with the pressure. With my first, the only place I was comfortable was sitting on the floor with my legs spread apart (I would play solitare on the floor, lol).
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 12:26 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• For my aches and pains I was told tylenol was okay to take
    Anonymous

• To me, it sounds like your baby has dropped really low ans is putting pressure on those muscles. I know that it is uncomfortable but it will eventually help your cervix to open up.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 12:19 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• the baby most likely dropped. try taking a bath.....when someone is there to help you out of the tub. it won't be long now, most likely
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 12:20 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• it is normal. you can try swimming. it's easier on you, but still a good way to keep you active. also, it helped me w/ pressure bc it helped "lift" my belly up. you can still walk, it's not dangerous. the pain is probably just from baby putting a lot of pressure on your cervix. you can get a maternity belt; that will also help lift your belly and take a lot of pressure of your legs, belly and back. http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=922000111&MasterCategory_Id=MC32
    still rest, take warm baths, and you can use a heating pad, just not too much
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 12:33 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I had the same pain, so much that I had to call my boss from work to tell him that I couldnt work anymore because of the pain. my doc said is was normal too. just try to rest. i just went home and laid down pretty much until I had to have my son.
    Anonymous

• It definitely sounds like your baby has dropped. Is it easier for you to take a deep breath? When your baby drops, it pushes the weight against your groin and thigh muscles. There is a lot of pressure there, and that is completely normal. I had the same problem. I couldn't walk either because it was painful. I tried to relax a lot, lifting my feet up onto pillows so my ankles wouldn't swell from all the pressure. I don't think it will be long for you!
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 4:43 PM on Jul. 31, 2009