When should I stat to be concerned?

I breastfed my daughter untill she was 11 months old, about 2 months ago. She had to have surgery on her tongue, and she refused to take it anymore. Well I still havent recieved my period back. How long after breastfeeding did it take you? When should I start to be concerned?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son is 7 months and i breast feed, i got my period back within a month of giving birth.. its different for everyone, best guess would be to see a doc and see what they say.
    Marissa87

Answer by Marissa87 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I was only able to breast feed to first 5 months and it took another 2 months after I stopped breastfeeding for my period to return. I was told that it's completely normal and that going back on birth control can also delay your cycle. If I were you, I wouldn't worry at all... I would enjoy the break because when it does come back, it's with a vengeance! :-)
    IndieRockMommy

Answer by IndieRockMommy at 3:44 PM on Jul. 31, 2009