Why do people want me to rush?

I dont get this but all my friends and some relatives think that I should get out there and start dating again! I am not ready and I think that it is really weird. I have this one guy that already wants to start dating but I said that it is too weird. I am filing bankruptcy and having to do child support and get a restraining order and worry about my health and the health of my future child, so I really have a lot on my plate right now. Who is right?

crazypinkzebra

Asked by crazypinkzebra at 12:25 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• DON"T DO IT!!!! I have to say KUDOS to you for NOT rushing it!! I am SO proud of you! As a child of a mom who ALWAYS rushed from one bad situation to another- it is refreshing to see someone take their time and have GREAT priorities- you AND your children will be better off for it!! Who cares what anyone says- you have your ENTIRE life to find a man- you sound smart enough to have anyone you want- so just relax and keep your focus! YEAH YOU!!! You give women a good name!!! It is WAY easier to count on a man than it is to count on yourself- so GOOD FOR YOU!!!!(sorry- I am pretty passionate about that subject)
    Anonymous

• You are the only one who knows what you need. If you aren't ready to start dating anyone yet, then don't. Who cares what everyone else things. It's YOUR life and YOUR choice. I think you're being pretty smart about it.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:27 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• you are
    when you are ready to date then date
    if others want you to date then they should date

it is a complaiment, they see you as healthy and ready to handle more on your plate

it is most healthy to not have to have another to fill yourself

good for you!
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 12:27 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Thank you for what you said about me but you are giving me too much credit. I always was in a bad relationship but now that I am pregnant I dont want to put my child through all that because it is not fair to them. I just want to do good and I am doing everything that I can possibly think of. I dont really think that I need a man to help me with all this.
    crazypinkzebra

Answer by crazypinkzebra at 12:40 PM on Jul. 31, 2009