sharing a room?

in 1 month after we move i will be putting my 3 and 1 year old sons into one room... im very anxious about how this is going to go! any advise or stories?

2cuteboysrmine

Asked by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:29 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• My boys are 15 months apart and are now 2 and 3. They do just fine. We got bunkbeds and they LOVE it!! It takes some adjusting at first. If one cried, the other woke up. Now I actually think they sleep better with the noise from the other one. It is like reassurance that someone is there with them!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 12:33 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• i plan on getting them bunkbeds next year, when they are 4 and 2.. im just super worried becuase my 3 year old hasnt been sleeping in his room in 3 months, hes petrified of going in there! im hoping it will change when we move!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:37 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• It may be a HUGE benefit having his little brother in there. Hopefully that will help! My oldest was 2 when we put the baby in the bedroom. Nathaniel was fighting us and not staying in bed at night. It was funny, because if Daniel cried in his crib before falling asleep, Nathaniel wouldn't budge. It was like, "oh, mommy and daddy make you stay in your bed too!" Lol!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 12:43 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• My boys share a room. They are 3 and 5, and have shared a room for the last 2 years. They also share with their big brother on the weekends when he comes to stay with us. He's 13, but they all have their own beds. They have a huge room, bunkbeds, and a single bed, and still plenty of floor space. They really enjoy having each other for company at night, the only problem is sometimes they spend too much time playing while they should be going to sleep. When we have enough money to move I want to try and make sure my stepson will have his own room, but my two younger boys will still be sharing a room. I'm not sure how they would react if they suddenly found themselves alone at night.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 1:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Well my sister and I always shared a room, and I loved it. Not the sharing so much, but the talking before we went to sleep.

My DS and my DD shared a room for awhile when they were very young, and my DD still doesn't like to sleep alone. They were four years apart, and they shared a room when DD was like 5 and she was two. (We were on a waiting list for a three bedroom apt.) There are still times when she curls up in a sleeping bag on his floor, if she's having trouble sleeping. They are 14 and 10, but big brother still protects her. LOL
    Anonymous

• My sons have shared a room since the youngest was 1. They are almost 6 and 4 now. At the time it was due to not having enough bedrooms to split them up. We moved into a 3 bedroom house when we moved this last time and I can not seperate them! I have asked them several times if they want their own rooms and both of them love sharing their room. I am sure the day may come when they might want to be seperated, but as long as they want to share I am okay with it. It is not without problems....talking when they need to go to sleep or one may get tired of the other one at times, but I think it has brought them closer.
    MrsHatch4

Answer by MrsHatch4 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2009