Ovarian cyst?

Can an ovarian cyst prevent me from getting my period? Or from becoming pregnant? I havent had my period since I became pregnant with my daughter in october 2007. I was just diagnosed with ovarian cysts... I was wondering if they can prevent my period from coming back, or conceiving another child??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Ovarian cysts can and often do interfere with the function of your ovary. Many women deveope cysts every month and they self resolve. Others, like me, deveope multiple cysts that do no resolve. Has your Dr. suggested an ultra sound? Have they done blood work once a week for 4 consecutive weeks to check hormone levels? These tests can help evaluate how the cysts you have are effecting the function of your ovaries. It is more difficult to get pregnant with ovarian cysts..but it is not impossible.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:43 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I went ot the ER on Turesday night because I was doubled over in pain. They told me I have ovarian cysts whih thay found by CAT Scan... they didnt explain anything to me. I have a DR appointment on Monday, so I guess I will see what they say.
    AudreysMommy798

Answer by AudreysMommy798 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2009