Is it true you can't buy sodas with food stamps in Kentucky?

I was told that in Kentucky you can not use food stamps to purchase sodas. I found this interesting,if this is true, will other states follow this?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 12:50 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• google it
    Anonymous

• It's a Questions and Answers section!!! What should she google it!?!?

I don't know the answer to it, I wouldn't be surprised if it was true though.
    Anonymous

• I did google it and couldn't find the answer..damn it!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:56 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• What Can Be Purchased With Food Stamps? You can use food stamps to buy food or seeds and plants to grow food in your home garden. Things you cannot buy: Alcoholic beverages or tobacco Prepared hot food or foods to be eaten within the grocery store Pet foods Soap or detergent or paper products or other non-food items You cannot use food stamps to pay back groceries or debt

http://statefoodassist.com/foodstamps.php?state=Kentucky&OVRAW=kentucky%20food%20stamps%20rules&OVKEY=kentucky%20food%20stamp&OVMTC=advanced&OVADID=56796112011&OVKWID=359077147011

Anonymous

• http://tags.aidpage.com/Kentucky%20Food%20Stamps.htm

A little more than half way down the page says what the foodstamps can and cant buy.
    Anonymous

• Why would you WANT to buy carbonated sugary crap ? Buy something healthy instead, like fresh fruit.
    Anonymous

• Sounds reasonable to me--that you should not be able to buy soda. There is no nutritional value in it.

Anonymous

• Why would buying sodas with food stamps be a staple for your home? I always thought food stamps were set up to buy nutritional things for the family if they weren't able to afford a decent meal. Soda is a frivilous concern given present times.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• This was a simple question. I could care less if someone buys soda with foodstamps. I simply wanted to know if they could do so in Kentucky as I heard they could not. Let's sweep our own porch before sweeping others.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:06 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I know about Indiana and Arizona. You can buy soda, candy, and all kinds of bad for you food.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 1:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2009