SEX QUESTION! How far along into pregnancy should you stop having sex?

Im 6 1/2 months and I find it really hard to have sex with my SO. When we do my DS moves to my left side and up towards my rib cage making it really hard for me to breathe. Is there anything I can do to get him to stop doing this? Or do I just throw in the towel on sex until he is born? How far along were you when it became hard to have sex?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 12:54 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when i was pg, the last time i had sex before labor was 4 days before. you can have sex as long as you don't have a medical condition preventing you from having sex, your water has broken, or until you just don't want to anymore. we used MANY different positions. missionary is going to be the most difficult seeing as you have a big belly in the way, but it is still possible. i would just keep trying different positions until you find what is comfortable for you. and let me tell you, we were in some WEIRD positions at times.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:11 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Have your SO try another position, one where he isn't on your belly. You should stop having sex when you become uncomfortable...It's about you and the baby right now.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:55 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Unless a doctor tells you otherwise, you can have sex all the way up until delivery. I had sex the whole time. Maybe you could try some different positions to keep the baby from moving.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:56 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Try different positions to see what works better for you rather than the one you are using. You can have sex as long as you like, as long as you don't have any pre-term labor issues that come up and are put on pelvic rest.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:56 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Unless your doctor tells you otherwise, you can have sex as long as you feel like doing it.
    Anonymous

• the most comfortable position was on my side...and tuck a pillow under your belly...worked very well! and you can have sex right up intill your water breaks!
    Anonymous

• sex ok until doc says no
    or
    mom -to -be says no

i got on my knees and stuck my backend up in the air
    releaved back and gravity seemed to help with baby
    Anonymous

• We didn't have sex during my pregnancy b/c I was put on pelvic rest. But you can safely have sex all the way up until your water breaks unless your doctor tells you otherwise. Have you tried on your side from behind? I heard that works.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 1:05 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• You can have sex entire pregnancy unless a dr says otherwise. heck I had sex the day I went into labor.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:07 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• http://sexuality.about.com/od/sexualpositions/a/pregnantsexposi.htm

This article has some good advice.

We had sex until the end with all three of my pregnancies. With the last I had been contracting all day, 12 hours and the contractions were regular but not getting stronger or closer together. We had sex and my contractions got much closer and stronger, my baby was born 6hours later. You can have sex until your water breaks, unless your doc advices not to.

Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2009