how does one get into foster care???

im 23 yrs old & have one 3yrold. me & my hubby have been talking about becoming foster parents for a while now but were not sure where to start?

chrismom86

Asked by chrismom86 at 12:56 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• Contact them. We are going through the process. We completed fingerprinting, background checks, a mountain of paperwork and orientation so far. We are going to adopt through Foster Care you still have to go through the same steps. There are 20k kids in our state that are in need of adoptive parents. We hope to adopt a group of siblings. Wished we were ready now. There is a sibling group of 7 kids right now that have touched my heart. They are ages 10, 9, 7, 4, 3, 2 and 5 months. Their mom died and the fathers are no where to be found. The family does not want them I would take them in a heartbeat. We have a 7 year old and are unable to have more children. We figured we would adopt through Foster Care because we don't feel we have to adopt a newborn. I was adopted out of Foster Care when I was 8 and am as close to my parents as my siblings who are their birth children. Good luck with this.
    Anonymous

• You have to take many training classes and then background and llivescan. you then have an application they will look at income to debt ratio and your experience. Koinonia is a local org and another one that we were going to go through is called Aspiranet.
    dreamymind

Answer by dreamymind at 5:32 PM on Jul. 31, 2009