My hillbilly of a FIL took my boys out today to fly model plans.... AND HE BLEW THEM UP!

Yep, he strapped M-80's to the plan, and blew them up mid flight!!!
I am seeing RED, and I want to kill my FIL, My husband thinks its funny, and I think it was down right dangerious, stupid, and HILLBILLISH!!
My boys are 4, and 2.
how would you handle this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• why stress out about it? If the fireworks were in the air how was it going to hurt the kids? Quit freakin out and being so crabby, and me damn glad the man takes the time to spend with the kids. If you act like this about everything he may just be doing it to bother you...just laugh it off, and let it go.
    Anonymous

• I think it's funny. when my brothers were 9 or 10 then did this themsevles. It's not hillbilly, it's boys having fun.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't have stressed about it. He did it, no one got hurt, why keep stressing about it? Just tell him for future get togethers not to blow up things.
    Anonymous

• It isn't like he blew up YOUR planes..right? The M-80 wasn't in their face. Step back and take a breath. This doesn't even register on my BS scale..frankly..we probably would have laughed too.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:21 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• it was the fact that the boys could have gotten hurt- this man has caused FIRES because of his pyro habbits!
    Anonymous

• omg really? you'd hate my dad then
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:21 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• It's a good thing you don't have my father as a FIL, he does more then that with my son. Boys will be boys and as long as they are safe, don't stress out.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:22 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• If you always wonder about the WHAT IF"S then your boys will never be allowed to even leave the house. Just step back take a breath and think are you pissed at him or just having a bad day, or some underlying issue. Hun be glad he cares enough to spend time with them, if you complain he may not want to do so anymore.
    vanessa432

Answer by vanessa432 at 1:31 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• My dad and I used to do this all the time with those balsa wood airplanes and firecrackers. It was hilarious! After the planes blew up in mid-air, we would gather all the parts we could find and tape them back together and do it again. The challenge was to see how many times we could blow up a single airplane. The record was 5 times. I do agree that 4 and 2 seems a bit young, though. I was around 8 or 9. But still it was FUN!
    SaraCVT

Answer by SaraCVT at 4:26 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• You know what I think? I think I would have reacted the same way. If only because I have seen plane crashes and I would have had flashbacks and PTSD over that.
    On one hand I would tell him it wasn't right to blow up a plane, something the kids associate riding in. On the other I would have let him blow "something" up. I think that is fun. BUT to do it to a plane feels psychologically wrong.
    Anonymous